Monday, March 17, 2014

Shift Linkage

When going through the wiring I found that the reverse-switch wasn't being tripped properly. The way the switch works is by literally pushing the button down when the shifter is locked into reverse. The problem was that said switch wasn't even being touched when reverse was "engaged". The linkage was always problematic when driving the car. Upon inspection the linkage is adjustable, so I removed the shifter, and the linkage.



The bracket that holds the shift handle had a huge lump of booger weld on it that I'm sure wasn't great for functionality. So I ground that off.



After a little more inspection after disassemblly I found what may be the problem with the shift linkage...



Yeah, that ain't a SAAB logo. I think I've got the linkage out of a f*@king beetle. I mean if you're gonna rob the linkage out of a car it might as well be the most common one on the planet. All the drawings I've found the linkage looks eerily similar so after a little modification I think I can make it work.

the bolt that holds tight the position on this bar needs a groove to fit in, so closest is the stock one and the second groove I made.

Tightened on

All reinstalled, I adjusted the linkage to about 2 to 3 inches shorter

re-greased the ball joint at the bottom of the shifter

No comments:

Post a Comment