Friday, June 21, 2013

Clutch Continued

Today I managed, after a considerable effort, to remove the clutch master cylinder from the car. The cylinder seems to be something of a weak spot for Sonetts because everyone seems to have issues.

So here's what the master cylinder and accessories looks like:


I found out why the cylinder isn't delivering any fluid to the slave and transmission....


There's your problem, unfortunately I wasn't able to get the cap off my cylinder so I soaked it in PB'Laster in attempt to break some of the corrosion. I scrapped out the crud clogging the hole so the PB could really get in there. Still no luck though regardless of how hard I tugged on the cap with pliers it will not come loose. Im leaving it soaking in the PB overnight and I'm gonna keep looking for tricks online for removing that cap.
If I cant find anything Im gonna have to send it off to get refurbished for 230 frikken bucks,not including shipping. I really don't want to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment