Tuesday, July 29, 2014

She Looks Like a Car Again!

With the bulkhead cover on, the roll-bar bolted in, the doors aligned and bolted in there was nothing stopping the rear body from going on. With help from two of my friends we ever so carefully slide the back body back on the car.

As we were snugging everything up I realized that I had put the windshield wiper spindles on backwards. The way I had them would force the spindle gear housing to be visible through the windshield, well if they hadn't been so flush to the body that the windshield could have been install. So with the other two gently holding the front area up I took apart the spindles and re-threaded them the correct way.

At this point I had been working with minimal stops for 6+ hours and it was past midnight. There needs to be sealer put all around the body so water, dirt, and debris doesn't get between the fiberglass and the chassis. So that will be done at a later time and the body bolted and riveted on more permanently.

This is the most satisfying picture I've taken yet. Nothing like stepping back and it no longer looks like a monocoque sand-rail... she looks like a car.




If you need the steps to put the body back on you can use the guide to take it off from VSAAB, but obviously in reverse. http://www.vsaab.com/html/Articles/sonettbody.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment