Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Trunk Pan Finished

So my last post showed the trunk pan mostly welded in but before I could get all the seams finished and be comfortable with it really being structurally in the car the welder I was using crapped out.

Well I thought it crapped out, turns out it was just out of wire... Awkward. Guess that's what happens when you're using tools you're not familiar with.


So the pan was all welded in so I ground down the beads of the welds so they weren't quite as obvious and sat flush to the pan. Then I had to prime it so the steel didn't rust. Just in the few days the pan sat in the it started to flash surface rust, so I wire-brushed all that off and primed it.


Then I had to deciede if I just wanted to repaint it black or cover it with FatMat. I opted to kind of do both. I FatMat'd around the sides but not the pan itself since the bends and welds there were so pretty. I used engine enamel with ceramic to paint the pan and was actually so pleased with it I repainted the gas tank while I was at it.


So now I have a trunk pan I can jump in and not go through the floor. Now to get a battery tray so it stays that way...

No comments:

Post a Comment